- Manufacturers and supliers of the Telecommunication Industry: NEC, Ericsson, Nokia, InterDigital.
- Carriers: Orange, Telefónica.
- Vertical industries: the investigation center CRF of the group FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), ATOS, Ayuntamiento de Madrid (SAMUR-Protección Civil).
- SMEs: Nextworks, Mirantis.
- Institutes of Research and Universities: b<>com, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, CTTC, Politecnico di Torino, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Eurecom, ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan).
The project, which started last 1st of June 2017, will have a duration of 30 months. Among others, its main purpose is to explore the possibilities this new and emergent 5G mobile technology can offer, such as to the Samur-Proteccion Civil health emergency services. Not only of importance because of our participation, but also as a partner and final user.
The trials are scheduled to be in different placements around Europe during the course of the project in 2018 and 2019.
SAMUR-Protección Civil, in colaboration with the Subdirección General de Informática y Nuevas Tecnologías de la Dirección General de Emergencias y Protección Civil, has proposed a new use case to be developed and tested during the project, which consists of a “Smart T-Shirt”. It will be designed to save lives in case of a medical emergency thanks to 5G technology.
The “Smart T-Shirt” would measure the heart beat with help of some sensors which, in case of potentially lethal cardiac arrhythmia , would generate an automatic alert to a near ambulance, through a mobile phone using Bluetooth. At the same time, the mobile phone would send this warning to the closest hospital, without the need of going through a communications center, considerabily decreasing the response time in a critical situation of emergency.
Link to the original article (Spanish) here