From 8-9th October 2018, RAN World took place in Torino, Italy.
What is RAN World?
RAN World is the essential meeting place for the operator, research and vendor communities looking to get the most out of the network, and to pave the way for next generation networks. Bringing a select group of 200 senior decision makers together, the show gives you the chance to:
- Network with operators paving the way in new technologies and deploying the latest solutions
- Discuss and debate new ideas and approaches to help overcome network challenges
- Hear from leading research institutions on the technologies shaking up the radio access network
- Prepare to put theory into practice looking at innovative approaches in spectrum, OpenSource, blockchain, network slicing, antenna technologies and more…
- Understand how you can achieve the greatest efficiencies and optimise your existing assets
- Benchmark against the latest technologies facilitating next generation networks
- Watch live demos and product launches from leading international suppliers and technology vendors
“The venue and organisation was faultless, I saw a clear progression in the 5G discussion from previous editions and gained valuable insights into the road maps and thought-processes of both operators and vendors.”
Ashley Beynon, Senior Consultant 4G RAN Capacity, KPN
RAN World 2018 had some exciting new features, including:
- New Location
- New Working Groups
Topics included network slicing, OpenSource and millimetre wave.
- New Vendors and Audiences
- New Networking Opportunities
Breakfast al fresco with your peers.
- New R&D Companies
The latest and greatest developments and projects from across the RAN.
Prof. Claudio E. Casetti was an invited panelist at the event in the Network Slicing panel, where he had the chance to present 5G-TRANSFORMER’s vertical slicer architecture.
The presentation can be found in the following link: 20181010_RAN_World_Presentation
Link RAN World 2018 Agenda: http://www.ranworldevent.com/ran-world-2018-agenda