A number of students pursued or are currently pursuing their degrees in the framework of 5G-TRANSFORMER:
- PhD thesis: Francesco Giannone is pursuing his Ph.D. in SSSA and is working on topics related to 5G-T such as eNB split functions (Distributed Unit — DU — and Central Unit — CU) virtualization and its impact on fronthaul available latency budget.
- PhD thesis: Silvia Fichera is pursuing her Ph.D. in SSSA and is currently working on Resource Orchestration in Virtualized Networks through SDN-enabled OpenStack in collaboration with CTTC within the 5G-TRANSFORMER project.
- PhD thesis: Software Defined Networking based mobility management in small cells (Luca Cominardi). In preparation.
- PhD thesis: Design and optimization of solutions for discovery and federation for NFV in edge & fog scenarios (Jorge Martin-Perez). In preparation.
- PhD thesis: Mechanisms to integrate and enhance NFV and MEC (Kiril Antevski). In preparation.
- Master thesis: Multi-domain VNF mapping algorithms (Jorge Martin-Perez). Presented in September 2017.
- Bachelor thesis: Análisis de un orquestador NFV/SDN para redes de operador (Cristian Arribas). Presented in October 2017. (in Spanish)
- Bachelor thesis: Service Function Chaining en NFV: Evaluación práctica con OpenStack (Javier Bautista). Presented in October 2017. (in Spanish)